Monday 18 June 2012

 Why use Social Networking Sites: Facebook, Twitter, Blogger?
  • All 3 of these sites are free for students to sign up on. The students just need an email account.
  • All 3 sites are easy to navigate and the interface is really easy to understand.
  • All 3 sites have many tutorials available to help students if they are unfamiliar how to use an aspect of the site.
  • I have not used Twitter before so it gave me a chance to also learn a new social media site. It was good practise for me to create my own account for my animal and attempt to complete aspects of the assignments that I want the students to complete.
  • Facebook allows students to create a personalize profile, post information on their wall, connect with other “friends” and like groups. Facebook also allows for some privacy settings so students can adjust the security settings on their page.
  • Twitter & Blogger & Facebook can all be linked together to help increase your networks and I was curious to try that out. This was something new for me to learn how to link these sites together.
  • These sites allow the students to collaborate with each other and the public.
  • I think many students will already be familiar with these social networking sites so they will know how to use them.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/followers   Carrie Woodlands @woodcaribou
Blogger: http://woodlandcaribou.blogspot.ca/  “Thoughts from a Woodland Caribou”

No comments:

Post a Comment