Monday 18 June 2012

Activation Matrix


Dimension of Problem
Attributes of the Tool
(Rationale for Technology)
Problem Solving Strategies
How can I protect my student’s privacy?
Facebook: Control settings on who has access to posts. Limit access to friends only.

Students will be using fake names & animal pictures on their social media sites to protect their own identity.
Ask an expert: Get directions from the teacher. Share tutorials with the students about how to set the privacy on Facebook.
What social media tools can be used to increase social networks?
Twitter: follow others and they might follow you.
Facebook: become friends with others and their friends might want to be your friend.
Blogger: write interesting entries and people might follow your blog.
Trial & Error: Keep trying new things to see what works.

Evaluate: Analyse the results to determine what works best.
How to decide what social media tools to select?
Social media platforms must be easy to use & free for students to sign up. I also wanted to pick tools that students are already familiar with. It will be easier for the students if they already know how to navigate on these sites.
Working Backwards: I know that the end goal looks like so I it is easy for me to see the steps to follow to get the results that I want.
How can I create a personality for this endangered animal?
Twitter, Facebook and Blogger all allow students to create unique profiles and upload images. Students to personalize their pages to give their animal a personality.  These sites also allow the student to update status messages that will give followers a feel for their personality.
Content Knowledge: I have used all of these tools so I have content knowledge about how these sites work. I am confident these sites will allow for creativity.
How can the students create awareness for the issues that endangered animals have?
Twitter, Facebook and Blogger all allow students to create their own:
§  E-newsletters
§  Tweets
§  Facebook status updates
§  Videos
§  Blog postings
Content Knowledge: I have used all of these tools. I already have a level of content knowledge about how to utilize these tools.  I have content knowledge about how these tools work and I will share my knowledge with the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment