Monday 18 June 2012

Letter to Parents
Dear Parent / Guardian,
I am writing to give you some details about our social media project in Science class. Students will be asked to create a social media campaign for an endangered animal from Alberta.  Students will be using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Blogger.  I am hoping that working with these social network tools will give students another way to communicate and enhance their educational experience. 
I have created a Facebook group page and with this page I will send reminders, include links and allow for questions and discussions related to our class project.  I have informed students that our Facebook group will be a positive environment for all students.  Therefore, proper use of the site is important.  I have allowed students to comment on this Group Page so we can have several online class dialogues, however, I expect all comments to be respectful and courteous.
I request that you assist your son or daughter to set their Facebook page so that it cannot be viewed by others without being accepted as a friend.  Students will not be allowed to view my personal Facebook and I will not access their page.   This is to protect both the student and the teacher.  We will spend class time talking about internet safety and how to set privacy settings.    Please feel free to join our Facebook group to have access to assignment details and due dates.
Please sign at the bottom and return this slip to me by October 1, 2012.
I give my son/daughter permission to use Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, YouTube for Miss. Wilson’s Social Media Assignment.
Name: ________________________ Signature: _____________________________ Date: _________

Sincerely,
Miss. Wilson
Gr. 9 CTS Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment